a couple of days ago i was making some more cyanotypes
i loaded up some contact frames with waxed negatives to see if
i could get a better print than i did with my old coated paper
some of those prints just didnt’ work out .. and at the same time
i found an old hand coated paper negative made with the cyclone #3
a while ago, that was just sitting on the tabletop. i had cleaned up quite a bit
a week or 2 ago: i swept the floor; i organized; i put things away; i stacked things;
i found things i hadn’t seen in a while. the paper negative was a rediscovery, even though
it wasn’t really lost. it seems like it was coated on xerox paper, it is thin and durable. not sure
what emulsion is on it, maybe foma? maybe my home-brew, not sure. it has a nice contrast and look and
i stuck it in the contact frame. the waxed negatives took a ton of time before to expose, so
i was banking on a day or 2 in the sun for all 3 of the cyanotypes. it was a lot more diffuclt in late october because
the sun is low, and it moves across the sky differently than before, so i had to really follow the sun around with the print frames.
i did OK i suppose, but i was more in open shade than i was in the sun, and that is OK too.
the print is made from the same classic formula i coated the others with. and after 2 days in the sun
i washed it in water and added a little hydrogen peroxide to finish the development, and eventually i painted
some areas of the print with dilute washing soda to give a yellowish hue to some areas.
anyhow, its the kitchen table and window and chairs.
not sure if i am going to add my own colors or leave it, the blue tones of cyanotypes are starting to grow on me.